82 Things to Do with Good Times
Sun 28 November 2021 | By Calypso Rose
At-home experiences have obviously boomed over the last two years, they are here to stay and just get better and better. So if you don’t fancy venturing out, there’s storm what’s-its-face brewing then here are 38 ways to spend your Good Times Card without leaving the house. And of course these are shipped across the UK.
1.The 007 of cocktail boxes. Create your Negroni’s at Home with Lucky Pineapple.
2. Create your own cocktail masterpiece – a delicious Salted Chocolate Orange Espresso Martini Kit. Including 24k edible gold leaf garnish and a chilled-out playlist for an ultimate night in.
3. There are cocktails and then there are Map Maison cocktails. The team at Map specialise in Japanese Whisky, Mezcal and American Whiskey. They run specialist classes in all three. Get your box delivered with everything you need for a virtual cocktail making class
Livestream talks with the most renowned speakers in the world from How To Academy, the home of big thinkers. For just £21 a month join Howto+ for access to their entire video library, that’s over 400 fascinating talks ranging from Climate Science to Health and Wellbeing.
3. Dr Jane Goodall – A Survival Guide for an Endangered Planet
4. Lily Cole, Jonathan Safran Foer – Reason for Hope in an Age of Uncertainty
5. Caitlin Moran on Fame, Fortune and Feminism
6. Ai Weiwei on human rights, propaganda and artistic expression
7. Mike Leigh in conversation with Hannah Macinnes
8. Dr Nicole LePera – A Manifesto for Self-Healing
9. Adrienne Herbert, How to Focus On Your Goals and Create a Life you Love
10. Sophie Ellis-Bextor – Murder on the Dance Floor
11. How to create a hit podcast – a 5 part masterclass
12. David Nutt – The Science of Cannabis and your Health
13. How to Deal with Toxic People at Work
Experiential home kits
Over lockdown The Indytute (a small business run by The Good Times Card founder, Calypso Rose) pivoted from live experiences to quirky at-home kits. All created by small businesses that had to also pivot to survive. These at-home kits have now become a firm favourite of Indytute customers and here are some of the favourites.
15. Campfire S’mores kit. A mini table top burner and the biggest, most delicious, deluxe marshmallows. Choose flavours from raspberry and Champagne to Vegan vanilla bean and toast them on the go or as a dinner party pudding.
16. Spend your Good Times card on a creative break. Join the Clay Club. Everything you need to start your journey on becoming that master potter.
17. If you haven’t already ditched the clingfilm then this is the kit to help you do it. Learn how to make beeswax wraps for a more sustainable life.
18. An Indytute best seller is their Lino cutting kits. Once you’ve learned the method with their online tutorial you can create artworks to wrapping paper. Lino cutting is incredibly simple and immensely rewarding.
19. Make your own leather clutch bag from reclaimed leather and paint it with your own design with help from online tutorials. Love and Salvage create beautifully wrapped and sustainable accessories from bags to baby moccasins, all available on your Good Times Card.
20. The at home curry club is a curry night through your letterbox. Cleverly-crafted spice blends. For 26 quid you get three months of curries spices delivered through your door.
21. Turn your kitchen into an artisan bakehouse and master your own sourdough. Everything from the starter to the baskets is delivered and the team at Crumb have 5* reviews.
22. Learn how to love and nurture your very own terrarium built from scratch with expert live help from Alyson Mowat. Everything you need is delivered with regular online classes as a group or 1-2-1.
Music + Events Live-streamed
DICE is the world’s leading live-streaming service for music and cultural events and it’s the only place to go to find the coolest music, comedy gigs to workshops and talks – live streamed or live events. Staying in for a party in your living room? Turn down the lights and crank it up for 8-hour discos to comedy nights, from Berlin to Mexico.
23. New Voices at Union Chapel – Live Streamed. Merging poetry with music at Lyrix Organix event on Dec 10th
24. Vivid People Disco – 80’s & 90’s Party from the Night Tales Loft in Hackney. A selection of 80s from Level 42 to Madonna and 90s club classics, from funky house to old skool
25. Cultivating a Creative Live with Rachel Sermanni. This is a live stream, weekend workshop for Songwriting. Small group of just 13 people and runs on Saturday and Sunday. As the listing says ‘Step out of the comfort zone only to realise we are still safe and held.’ Feb 11th – 13th.
Sick of attention grabbing headlines? Tortoise Media is where to go to get your slow news – thoughtful news journalism. Join their regular ThinkIns where you can actively take part in discussions with editors and thought leaders. Get a subscription for £60 for your first year, all available with your Good Times Card and consume news differently.
26. What Does it Mean to Work Well? 14th Jan
27. Greening aviation: is jet zero even possible? 7th December
Live art classes
Wildlife drawing with Jennie Weber has a program of online sessions that runs alongside their live classes. The online classes are with real animals (that all come with expert handlers and are comfortable around humans). 50% of her online tickets are donated to charity.
28. Draw Arctic Foxes on Jan 8th. The class will be hosted by Wild Life Drawing founder and artist Jennie Webber, who will take you through the basics of drawing Arctic Foxes, starting off with simple shapes, studying the anatomical features and then adding details and character.
29. Draw Platypuses on Jan 11th. So many questions arise when learning about these animals, so joining the class is Geoff Williams, who works at the brilliant organisation Australian Platypus Conservancy. Geoff has been working with platypuses for over 30 years and has plenty of great stories to share about them.
Meet creative Good Times partner, Cast Experiences – the jewellery-at-home experts. Create thoughtful charms to earrings or even wedding rings. You make your designs from wax and send them to be created into lasting gold or silver pieces. There’s tons of inspiration and online classes to join.
30. We love their heirloom kit where you can capture little fingerprints to wear around your neck forever
31. Design and create your perfect dream wedding rings with the Bespoke Wedding Ring Kit. Design consultancy and one-to-one masterclass included.
Art Experiences curates exceptional experiences across the UK with artists in their studios. If you can’t get to the studio there are a handful of specialist art classes run online
32. Karen Eames is the perfect person to start you on your artistic journey. An art class for beginners
33. Reverse oils on glass painting with Melanie Hodge. A 5 hour class over 3 sessions. Explore ways in which to cultivate your own creative well being, as well as learning how to paint on glass with confidence regardless of previous artistic experience.
34. Join Caroline Banks for a full day of meditative painting in this 1-2-1 art experience. A personalised experience with conversation around topics of your choice and one to one tips.
35. I can make shoes is a comprehensive course and you can use your Good Times Card as a full or part payment. Learning many different shoe-making skills that you can then go on to use to build your empire. The course is £700 and attracts shoemakers from around the world. Learn to make boots to shoes and get all the kit delivered.
Puffs of delight delivered from Where the Pancakes are. All the ingredients and know how you need from the best salted caramel sauce to the finest flour. This is how to really do breakfast in bed… our favourites include:
36. Vegetarian brunch box to create american pancakes at home. Includes maple syrup to lightly sparkling prosecco and feeds a whopping 6 people.
37. Or go for the pancakes and poetry box. Each box comes with a beautiful Everyman poetry book.
With some of the best multi-venue partners there’s so many Things to Do with your Good Times Card. Grab your loaded card and head directly to our partners to book your tickets online. We’ve selected some of our favourites on at the moment but there’s so much more so go and check them out directly.
Theatre + Shows
We’ve partnered with Love Theatre, which has the best shows in the West End. All available with your Good Times card. Long running classics like Wicked and Blood Brothers to hot tickets – now’s your chance to see the breathtaking Moulin Rouge! Book these with your Good Times card and so much more.:
38. Cabaret . The Kit Kat Club has taken over the Playhouse Theatre Starring Oscar, Golden Globe, BAFTA, Tony and Olivier award winner Eddie Redmayne as ‘The Emcee’ and Bafta Nominee and British Independent Film award winner Jessie Buckley as ‘Sally Bowles’,
39. Sonia Friedman Productions presents The Shark is Broken at the Ambassadors Theatre . This production has opened with incredible 5* reviews
40. Step into a heart-racing immersive adaptation of F Scott Fitzgerald’s seminal jazz-age novel The Great Gatsby, which puts you in the heart of the action. Slip on your dancing shoes and watch the story unfold around you in this unique theatrical performance at Immersive LDN.
41. The Art of Banksy. The world’s largest collection of privately-owned Banksy art makes its mark on London for the first time at 50 Earlham St, Covent Garden.
42. The Crystal Maze Live Experience London and Manchester
43. If you haven’t already been don’t miss the unforgettable musical comedy The Book of Mormon in London’s West End, at the Prince of Wales Theatre.
44. Back to the Future – the musical
45. Hadestown is back… where a song can change your fate. This critically acclaimed new musical has enjoyed a record-breaking run at the National’s Olivier Theatre, and Broadway production that won 8 Tony Awards including Best Musical and Best Original Score.
46. Beetlejuice is coming to town… we can’t wait for this one! “If You’ve seen One Ghost.. You Haven’t Seen Them All” classic.
47.The Handmaid’s Tale – the opera. Based on Margaret Atwood’s seminal novel.
The Pleasance Theatre, London + Edinburgh
48. Don’t miss the Dog Show this Christmas – live and unleashed cabaret… you had us at “this show contains strong language”.
49. Britain’s Got Talent finalist Nabil Abdulrashid reworks his hit 2021 show. Expect a night of “unapologetically funny” Telegraph stand up.
50. Join Ania Magliano for “side splitting laughs” (Broadway Baby) and has been billed as one of the UK’s more exciting rising comedians.
51. Get your tickets early for this one… after two sold out runs ‘Dear Black People 2.0’ is back – hosting the voices of emerging black writers.
52. Looking for a real experience next Summer? Use your Good Times card to book shows at The Edinburgh Fringe festival from 5th – 31st August.
In the Hidden City, 3-4 hour real world adventure games. Grab your team and play across London. There are interactive text messages and calls with characters in the story, hands on puzzles and stories that change depending on how you interact with them. The game is £25 a player with dedicated pub breaks – what more could you want.
53. Moriarty’s Game Decipher clues, communicate with characters, solve physical puzzles, and make choices that affect your path in the story…
54. The hunt for the Cheshire Cat. The Cheshire Cat is in London, and he wants you to find him. Solve his clues on an adventure into the strange, surreal and absurd – and uncover a dark conspiracy at the heart of Wonderland…
Love Bingo? Only Dabbers will do.
55. Bingo Brunch club if bottomless Prosecco and happy vibes is your thing
56. Vintage Bingo complete with classic bingo calls and spectacular classic cabaret
57. Sherlock: The Official Live Game. Can you solve the mystery before the time runs out? This immersive, escape game requires more than just a deer stalker, you will need skill and all your wits about you. It’s just launched in Bristol, Liverpool and Canterbury as an outdoor experience.
Discover London’s food scene with Chubby Fellow’s fine food tours. Small groups and off the beaten track discoveries. Here are our favourites for £69 per person.
58. Give. Me. Cheese – the cheese lovers tour around Camden
59. Sumptous Soho – Discover some of Chinatown and the West End’s best-kept culinary secrets on this private Soho food tour
60. Very Gin-teresting. Sip your way through Bermondsey discovering craft gin and the history of a fascinating area.
61. Rock n roll your way around Camden – this area is seriously kicking off when it comes to good food and music.
62. And if you can’t be bothered to do it by foot you could just hop in a beautifully restored Classic Mini Cooper with Small Car Big City. Discover gin bars to iconic London sites. There’s even a tour for die-hard Harry Potter fans.
The outdoor experiences
The Good Times card loves an alternative activity, one that gets you seriously out of your comfort zone and there is so much to choose from, currently available in Kent, just an hour from London with more options coming soon. Book these experiences directly with your Good Times Card.
63. Power kiting – a 2 hour beginners lessons. After a quick talk through the basic theory and safety of kite flying, you’ll head down to Camber beach to learn how to setup, launch and land the kites.
64. The Stand Up Paddleboard Wave Surfing Lesson is aimed at those students who have previous paddleboard experience and are looking for a new challenge.
65. A little more relaxing are the SUP tours. Enjoy a relaxing paddle around the local Sussex rivers, taking in the sights of the villages, countryside and castles, and enjoy the abundant wildlife from a rarely experienced viewpoint.
66. One day Kite Surfing course. You’ll start straight out on the beach learning all about the wind, tides, and the importance of how to do your risk assessment.
67. Kitebuggying and landboarding, Using a powerkite, the wind and a three-wheeled buggy, you can whizz along miles of Camber’s flat, sandy beach at up to 50mph. They say learning to kite buggy is much easier than you might imagine, so if you’re looking for a short activity which is fun for all ages and abilities this is the one.
68. If you’ve already mastered SUP on the water, now it’s time to try…. Street SUP all your need is a board and paddle and a little bit of balance – all which is available with our partners SUP and Skate Margate
69. Discover the River Stour by Paddleboard an all beginners class just outside Margate and a beautiful location for a mini adventure.
Looking for adventures in London try one of these
70. Canoe and Kayak London’s waterways with Moo Canoes in London’s best neighbourhood, Hackney. There’s so much to discover in this part of London and there’s no better way to do than by canoe, make stops on the way for a brilliant adventure
71. Flying Fantastic know how to work your core with three venues across London teaching aerial silks to static trapeze. Classes are on daily with weekend workshops. So don’t hang about – book it with Good Times Card.
Dance your way into 2022 and learn some new moves with Swing Patrol in London and Brighton. Take a read of our favourite things to do with Swing Patrol
72. Dance in a Day workshops. Grab a partner or go it alone and spend the day learning Lindy Hop or Charlston from scratch.
73. Join Swing Patrol’s Blues Party the Ritzy. Once a month in Brixton.
74. For just £10 you can go to the Swing Den – this is a night to remember – start with a beginners lesson and then practise all night long or just watch the pros go. Guaranteed Good Times.
Music, Comedy + Parties
Not on Dice FM yet? What are you waiting for… the best experiences, gigs and comedy the UK has to offer from just £5. Not just in London but in cities across the UK…. We’ll be getting our Good Times Card for these…
75. Stewart Lee: Virus Tornado at The Bill Murray, London
76. The Bowl at Bloomsbury Bowling Lanes. From 9pm – 3am. Tickets include live DJ sets and Bowling, ping pong and pool
77. All-dayer party on New Year’s Day. Bugged Out at The Old Queens Head
78. All the Christmas favourites at the immersive Backyard Cinema at The Troxy
79. Hip Hop Karaoke at The Queen of Hoxton
80. Curse of Lono : Live + Signing at Rough Trade in Bristol
81. The Wombats: Live at Marble Factory in Bristol
82. Comedy from The Guinea Pig Club at Tatterhall Castle
Where to spend it
At Good Times we don’t think any gift should go to waste. We want you to use your card for life’s mini-adventures. The Good Times Card will give you access to unique sports, undiscovered retreats, brilliant festivals, music, food, tours - think it, we’ve got it.